Oriental Fried Rice
The ancient grain of rice has a rich and colourful history spanning centuries. Today, fried rice is a must for any Chinese take-away menu, but just as easy to cook at home. Fried rice makes great use of all those cooked leftovers in the fridge and the kids just love it.
- 1Heat oil in a large wok over a medium heat and brown onions for 2 minutes.
- 2Add the spring onions to the wok and stir fry for 1 minute, remove and set aside.
- 3Beat eggs and water together. Return the wok to the heat and pour the egg in to make a thin omelette, remove and cool on a plate; then slice.
- 4Return the wok to the heat along with the onions, diced pork and rice, then stir fry for 4 minutes; drizzle over the combined sauces and heat through.
- 5Toss through the sliced omelette and serve garnished with fried shallots.