Japanese Salmon Burgers
Create these burgers with an Asian twist. By combining the flavours of Japan – wasabi, nori and mayonnaise, these quick and easy salmon burgers are sure to be a hit for both young and old.
- 1Place the salmon, mashed potato, wasabi, and 1 tbsp soy sauce into the work bowl of a food processor and process until well combined.
- 2Transfer mixture into a large bowl and stir through finely chopped Nori. Using wetted hands shape mixture into patties.
- 3Whisk together the egg & water until well combined. Dip the patties into the egg mixture then press mixture into the crumbs firmly.
- 4Heat oil over a medium heat for 2 minutes and fry the patties 2-3 minutes each side until golden.
- 5Shred vegetables and combine with 1 tbsp soy sauce, lime zest & juice, chili pepper seasoning and wasabi paste.
- 6Spread a little Kewpie mayonnaise on the base of the toasted bun, top with salad and salmon pattie. Top with toasted hamburger bun and serve immediately.
- 7Note: Salmon maybe replaced with any thick-fleshed fish in season.